Monday, November 2, 2009

Meditations on Thankfulness



Since November is the month of Thanksgiving, I am focusing on thankfulness in my time with the Lord. This morning I read in Genesis of the creation account, how God so generously provided every need for Adam, including a companion in Eve. It's easy to get distracted in life, and focus on what I don't have, rather than the abundance God has so generously provided. But I so much to be thankful for! I don't deserve anything, so the fact that He has given so much is really humbling. Giving thanks for the thousands of blessings I receive from His gracious hand each day doesn't come naturally. It takes focus, intentionality. But the change that will occur in my soul as I choose to acknowledge the many blessings in my life will be so worth the effort!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture!! Hasn't He been so generous to us? The more I think about needs other people have around the world the more I realise how much I have been given...so so much more than I could ever deserve.

    ReplyDelete