Thursday, March 4, 2010

Afternoon Project

I was feeling crafty this afternoon, so I decided to try my hand at making a tote bag. Sweet Pea is showing more and more interest in books, and I want to start going to the library with her regularly. So I thought it would be fun to make a cute bag to bring the books home in.


I used some scraps of cloth that I had left over from making Sweet Pea's baby quilt. I found this website which gave step by step instructions for making a basic tote.

Here's the finished product.



The lining is an off-white floral pattern, but it's hard to see in the photo.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I know I commented yesterday. Apparently I didn't make sure it went through. (= I LOVE your tote!! Much nicer than our library bag!
    The totes we decorated the other day were a gift from a friend, just simple solid color store-bought ones with iron-on letters to personalize them. The fun "names" they chose to put on them make the boys really excited about them right now! (=

    ReplyDelete