Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Bow Holder

A little while ago I found this fabulous crafting blog, and saw a cute idea for a bow holder. Sweet Pea has lots of bows, which I have usually kept in a little box on her changing table. Lately she's taken to grabbing the box and dumping out all the bows every time I change her though, so I thought it was time to give this project a try. I didn't think to take pictures as I was making it, but here's the final result!


I picked up some pink and green ribbon at JoAnn Fabrics the other day, and for the backing I used a leftover scrap of white cloth that I had used for Sweet Pea's baby quilt. The frame is an extra picture frame that I had laying around the house. I hot glued the fabric to the picture frame backing, then glued on the strips of ribbon, and Voila! A bow holder. Sweet Pea was very fascinated to see all of her bows on display on the wall. I'm really happy with how it turned out, and it makes picking out a bow that much simpler!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! What a great idea! Hey..what are those little poppy looking things on the wall to the left of the picture?! Those look really neat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the curtains we have in Sweet Pea's room. We got them from Ikea several years ago. I think they still sell them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love it!! It's so pretty on the wall, too!

    ReplyDelete