Friday, June 11, 2010

My Afternoon Project

My handyman and I use the cash envelope system for our groceries, eating out, and clothes. Each month we put the budgeted amount in the appropriate envelope, and when the money is gone, we stop spending money in that category. It works really well for us and helps us stay on budget.

Several months ago I stumbled upon a link to a free envelope template on this blog, and have been itching to make some for myself.

Today I finally got around to buying some pretty paper so I could make my own envelopes. I had so much fun!

Here is the paper I picked out.


I cut the paper down to 8 1/2" so it would fit in the printer,
and then printed the template and cut it out.


And repeated times 6, and used a thin bead of glue to hold them together.


They fit perfectly in my envelope system from Dave Ramsey.


I "stitched" the envelopes together with some pretty silver ribbon.
Now that will make paying with cash more fun!

2 comments:

  1. Good job! I think those are the ones I wanted to do a while back until I got the wallet I wasn't expecting... :o) Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete