Sunday, September 12, 2010

Time for an update

An update of our living room decor, that is. Here's a picture of our living room before:

It was fine, but I was ready for a change. I found an idea for some fabric wall hangings on this blog, so I thought I'd give it a try.

My handyman made me these lovely frames (it's so handy to be married to a handyman!):


Then I stapled the cloth that I had picked out at JoAnn Fabrics to frames. Here's how they look on the wall.


I plan to hang them all on the same level, but I was so anxious to see them on the wall, that I just temporarily used the existing nails. It was pretty simple to do, and I think it's spruced up our living room nicely!


2 comments:

  1. Fun!! The cloth has such nice texture, and the frames are a nice size for the wall. I've made updates to my livingroom, too...but still nothing for the blank wall as yet. (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! It looks wonderful. I'm working on filling up my blank walls... :)

    ReplyDelete