Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Cleaning

I love the feeling of de-cluttering. We've been in our apartment for 6 years, so we've had a lot of time to accumulate all kinds of things without the benefit of a move to help us weed out the unnecessary. Add to that our new addition who arrived in February, and the amazing amount of *things* that came with her, and I was feeling like we were getting squeezed out of our apartment. So a couple of weekends ago, my Handyman and I spent our Saturday morning organizing our little storage room in the basement. It was stuffed with camping gear, Christmas decorations, and LOTS of empty boxes that we'd been saving for who knows what. We got rid of almost all the boxes, which left lots of extra space - it's wonderful! So last weekend I spent my Saturday organizing our living room, bedroom, a small closet, and Sweet Pea's room. I went through Sweet Pea's clothes and packed away the things that are too small and got out the fall things for her to wear. Then we moved 8 boxes of baby clothes, along with several larger baby items that have already been outgrown, and put them in our storage room. The result is so gratifying! I LOVE not seeing clutter everywhere. I still have our large closet and the kitchen to organize, but the progress is inspiring. I'm off to do some more de-cluttering!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know that feeling! This week we've been on a roll cleaning out some clutter that came from who-know-where! It is so gratifying to throw out the junk. As we were cleaning last night a sudden thought jumped into my mind. In about 6 months, this one-bedroom apartment is going to get MUCH smaller! Crib, changing table, dresser, swing, rocking chair..oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds WONDERFUL! I always feel so much better after I organize and declutter! Yesterday I went through all the boys clothes, put away the summer clothes, boxed up the too small things, and filled their drawers with bigger fall clothes. Ahhh. Your stories of organization always inspire me!

    ReplyDelete