Monday, June 22, 2009

Great Deals!

As part of my goal to live life intentionally, I have been making a real effort to be wise with our spending. I've been following some blogs that list the deals that you can get at various stores every week. I haven't done much with it for the past several weeks, but this week I couldn't pass up the deals. Here's what I got:


20 SoyJoy bars at $1 each
Used 1 B1G1 coupon from the 5/31 SmartSource insert
Used $1/5 coupon
Used $2/10 coupon from the 5/31 SmartSource insert
Spent $16.45 out of pocket
Got $20 ECBs back.

That's right!! I got paid $3.55 to get 20 SoyJoy bars. That's what I call a bargain!

Then I also bought 5 boxes of Always Infinity pads. I haven't tried them yet, but I've heard they're amazing! It's an unadvertised deal at CVS this week. They're normally $10.79 a piece for a big box, but they're on sale for $4.99 this week. I used the following coupons:

1 $4/1 coupon from the 6/7 Procter & Gamble insert
1 $1/1 coupon from the 6/7 Procter & Gamble insert
1 $3/1 coupon
2 $1/1 coupons

Total after coupons was $15.51. I used $5.87 from a CVS gift card, and spent $9.64 out of pocket. That's 5 boxes for less than the price of 1 box at regular price! It averages out to $1.93 per box. Yippee!

3 comments:

  1. Good job! You got quite a lot! PS: I didn't even know you had a blog! :o) I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to ask..what did you think of the Soy Joy bars?! I got them once quite a while ago..same thing, just a great deal I couldn't pass up. We weren't huge fans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you've found my blog. =) I'd agree with you - we're not huge fans of the SoyJoy bars, and CERTAINLY wouldn't pay $1 for one! They're tolerable, though, so we'll use them up. =) Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

    ReplyDelete