Monday, June 15, 2009

Update! - Whole Wheat Bread


Today I made a loaf of bread using the same recipe I posted here, only this time I added wheat gluten to the mixture. What a difference!! The bread is sooo yummy! The texture is great, and it isn't heavy like the last loaf I made. I'm so excited to have found a great way to make my own whole wheat bread. I wasn't sure about adding the wheat gluten, but I found some made by the Bob's Red Mill brand at the store last week, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm so glad I did!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm....it looks awesome! What is wheat gluten, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,according to the Bob's Red Mill website, it is "the natural protein found in wheat. It contains 75% protein. A small amount added to yeast bread recipes improves the texture and elasticity of the dough. This is often used by commercial bakeries to produce light textured breads, and can easily put the home bread baker on a par with the professionals." It looks like a light brown flour.

    ReplyDelete